Monday, November 30, 2015

Elf on the Shelf First Night

Alright everyone- I did it! I joined in the elf on the shelf craze! This will be the first year for my children, 6 and 8, and I am so excited!  I scoped out all of the stores and finally decided Amazon was best especially with their Prime 2 day shipping - Elf on the Shelf.
I researched all over their website too - http://elfontheshelf.com/

I got some great ideas and even found out that you can specially invite your elf to visit for your childs birthday and Halloween. How cool is that? I know right! What I could not find was how to kickstart the whole thing for our first time. How sad I felt. I even went and checked all over their facebook page - Elf Facebook

I finally posted on my page asking for insight from other parents who have experience. I was grateful that a handful of my friends are very active with their elves and told me how they kickstarted their first year. It was definitely a big help! From them I spent time making a letter from Santa summarizing the book on no touching the elf and its magic. I then set up the letter, very cute book, and our new elf up.


With that being said I am having to make sure that I as a parent follow the rules as well. I made sure I chose an area where little Elf will be seen by the kids and then read their letter, book, and name him. Right?! If only it were that easy! I chose our kitchen bar where I had set up some of our Christmas decorations.

I thought I did so good and was very proud of myself. Sadly Mr. Elf is still sitting in the same spot has yet to be noticed. Haha I am hoping tomorrow he will be seen so we can really get this show on the road and start a new family tradition.

Here is to hoping eyes are open and aware tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment