Friday, December 26, 2014

Job Interview Questions You Will Find

  Here are the most typical interview questions that you may face in your job interviews. Listed here are the questions with great responses, but you need to keep in mind these responses will vary with each person and each job you interview with. To come up with your best responses contact me and we can get you interview ready for your dream career! 

 


1. How would you describe yourself?
 My background to date has been centered around helping others to the best of my ability. I have obtained an Associates in Social Work as well as volunteered with many agencies helping others.I work very well with others as well as on one person projects.

2. What specific goals, including those related to your occupation, have you established for your life?
I want to be in a position where I help at least one person a day better themselves and obtain their life goal. My long range career goal is to be the executive director or owner of a company that helps others.
3. How has your college experience prepared you for a business career?
I have been prepared to work in single handed projects with a time crunch, group projects with many types of individuals, as well as internships with different agencies and programs. In the state competition of high schools and colleges I came in third place with problem solving. 

4. Please describe the ideal job for you following graduation.
 My ideal job is one that I can incorporate both my education and work skills to be the best I can be for the company. I want to be able to utilize my social work skills and love for helping others to meet the goals for the company and client. This is why I believe I would be a valuable member of ______ and as a team can help your company ______.

5. What influenced you to choose this career?
My past experience has caused me to overcome unbearable challenges in life, work, and education. Without a doubt I feel very confident helping others in many ways such as locating shelters, programs for assistance, education, work, living, etc. I love social work because I am not limited as to who I can help or how with so many different ways and foundations out there.
6. At what point did you choose this career?
After a few wrong turns for careers I knew I wanted to pursue social work while working as an accounting clerk for John Deere. It was then that I realized I was assisting high school dropouts find jobs and obtain GED's that I could be doing full time.

7. What specific goals have you established for your career?
My goals include a wide variety of certificates I would like to obtain to further assist others in need. To further gain knowledge in the finance field to assist with owning my own company in the future.
 
8. What will it take to attain your goals, and what steps have you taken toward attaining them?
I have looked into online schooling and night courses that would not affect my daytime work hours. With these courses I can obtain the certificates and education needed to further myself in assisting others as well as your company. 

9. What do you think it takes to be successful in this career?
I believe successful social workers put forth a lot of effort in working 24/7 with clients in confidentiality achieving the goal set in place. To learn all of the state laws, budgeting, and marketing with other agencies, local police, and BACA to utilize when needed. 

10. What has been your most rewarding accomplishment? 
The most rewarding accomplishment so far has been the single mother that I was able to assist in finding housing, clothes, food, daycare assistance, job, and into college classes. 

11. Given the investment our company will make in hiring and training you, can you give us a reason to hire you?
I believe that I am the best person for the job, because I believe that living through it and climbing on top myself has helped push me into helping others obtain that same goal. My leadership awards and previous management positions are the result of possessing the qualities you're looking for in an employee. 

12. How would you evaluate your ability to deal with conflict?
I believe I am quite good at handling conflict. Working in the social work field I have had to make unpopular decisions with terminating an associate, putting a parent in rehab, putting a parent in jail, and facing angry clients for not taking their side in a situation. I would always make sure that I fully explained the situation and why that outcome had to exist. 

13. Tell me about a major problem you recently handled. Were you successful in resolving it?
While working in a group home I worked with a lot of lazy no good people. They came in barely lifted a finger and would leave the dirtiest of jobs to the next shift of people. Those in the home were not being treated right and constantly taken advantage of with their money. I had the compassion and love for the clients to speak with the family and advise them of the circumstances going on. 

14. Describe the characteristics of a successful manager.
  A successful manager should have the vision and capability to formulate strategies the company goals and communicate them to the team members. In addition to serving as a positive role model for co-workers, a successful manager must be capable of inspiring others to recognize, develop, and apply their talents to their utmost potential.


15. Tell me what you know about our company.
 You're large and respected in North Alabama. You do a variety of different programs helping clients. In reviewing your website, I've familiarized myself with many of your corporate goals and objectives.


16. Why did you decide to seek a position in this company?
I believe there is no better place to work than with ___. The reason is _____.

17. Tell me about the salary range you're seeking.
I am positive that I am the right candidate for this position. If you feel the same, then I am sure your offer will be fair and commensurate with the value I can bring the company. 

18. Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done.
 When I was working in collections I had a client who was being charged a lot of late fees and couldn't not find out what was going on. I spent 3 days on and off the phone with this client going back to the original day they took out their loan to find out what happened and did everything in my power to help even sent it to upper management to review for assistance. When I first dealt with that client they were very angry and foulmouthed then by the time third day they were very polite and patient. 

These are the common ones I have come across; however, there are many different questions that employers can/will ask and different ways they word them. I can locate the most common questions asked by specific companies just contact me for assistance.




No comments:

Post a Comment