Monday, January 26, 2015

Dressing The Part

One important key in life is dress for success. You need to dress the part of who you are and where you want to go. That includes out in public, for the interview and for your career. I know you probably have a role model or a tv show that you follow and think "Oh I love how he/she is always dressed to the T!" or "I wish I had that outfit!". Well here is a website that matches outfits from television shows and finds them for you!

Worn on TV

Now don't get too excited just yet! I wish it were that easy to just choose an outfit and buy it. That is the first step to your new look! A lot of their stuff is listed way over price and I know for certain not in my budget! You will have to search but it is possible!

I have to admit I always admire Regina's outfits on Once Upon A Time. She has the perfect professional look for me. Here is an outfit I fell in love with: the grey pencil dress and blazer.

On that website the dress is listed at $1296.00 with the blazer at $1396 with top and skirt. If only we had that type of money right?! With some research I was able to find a darker gray and a little different gray suit.
Target:
$9.78 Sheath Sleeveless Dress
$12.24 Blazer
Now for a darker gray and slightly different dress I just paid 25.00 compared to the couple thousand for the exact outfit. I would not have thought to look for this outfit had it not been for the show and the lovely research that Wornontv.net does to find out exact material.

Another Regina dress is the Brown Gucci Houndstooth

Instead of paying $1328.00 for this dress you can get one very similar it is checkered instead of houndstooth.
$49.99 Coldwater Creek
Then add the belt-
$14.99 Target
There you have two outfits very similar yet your own touch. If you need help researching any outfits you can let me know and I will be glad to help you. Now go get to shopping one outfit at a time to build that wardrobe up!


No comments:

Post a Comment